Juarez Cosmetic piano restoration

Nichols nicho@zianet.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:42:52 -0600

At 10:50 AM 8/30/2004 -0700, you wrote:

>Guy----I applaud your offer, and thank you for extending it.  To me, it
>means that you re ready to stand behind your work.

David,
         You're welcome. Of course I stand behind our work.

>  The easier and perhaps less expensive alternative for me would be to see
> a fully restored instrument from your facility somewhere here in Southern
> California.

Unfortunately, other than the NAMM show, I can't point specifically to an
instrument available for your inspection. You are welcome to visit the web
sit, www.samapianos.com, and request references from Mr. McGuire, our
marketing director. Since our customers are dealers, techs, distributors,
and manufacturers, we would need to find a dealer in your neighborhood. We
don't sell pianos, so we have no way of keeping track of what happens to
the instruments once it has been delivered.

>  It s not that I don t want to meet you, or see your factory; it s that
> it s not in the top priority of my life to take 2-3 days for this
> particular trip.

Well, sir. One day, round trip, with lunch and a tour of the plant. Air
fares are not bad at all from Southern California to El Paso. Can you
devote one day?

By the way, folks, you don't have to raise heck on the list to get an
invite. The plant is almost always open for inspection. Mondays are best,
but almost any other day is okay except Thursday. That's shipping day,
usually, and we're going bonkers. And.... there's nothing to see! <G> We
ship every two weeks, so if any one is interested in a visit, check with me
about the schedule. If you arrive in the early part of the second week,
there are pianos everywhere! Hardly room to walk. Final chipping and
tuning, rub-out, touch-up, packing, etc. We get some really cool
instruments. Oddball, rosewood carved ,triple bridge ,concrete,
purple,big,small, weird actions. (there's one now with a string height of
about 11 inches!)   Anyway, it's great fun. We pack and ship about 15-20
instruments every two weeks. I'm sure there's something to inspect.

>I am serious about wanting to see your work, however. Please contact me
>offlist to set up a piano viewing.
>Thanks, Guy.
>
>David Andersen

You've got my offlist contact, David. It's up to you, now.

Regards,
Guy Nichols, RPT
505-642-8640

SAMA