Steinway for sale

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 21:19:25 EDT

In a message dated 8/29/2004 8:28:16 PM Pacific Standard Time,  bigda@gte.net
writes:
     Dave
   Back from Tahoe. Blue water & sky No  worries
  I actually I find your carcass comment to be right on  in CA. If were
talking Steinway M's or L it's hard to find a beater M out here  for less than 6 to
8K.( Ls 8 to 10 k) ( A's10 to 12 k) & (B s10  14k  )(Cs & Ds up to 15k or
more.) I think the brothers back east have  more slection & thus lower prices
since we're so far from the mother ship.(  The factory)  Know what I mean?
 Your rebuilding prices are right inside the ball  park for first rate custom
work  with rebuilders shore to shore ,  sometimes less sometimes more.
   Regards
   Dale Erwin

>  find a reputable piano restorer through a personal
>
>>  referral, buy the shell, and let him/her do their thing.  You1ll  spend
> between
>
>> $8K and $15K for the shell, and  between $25-30K for the rebuild.  >>

> Wow, that is a  lot for a "shell".

Hello my friend...well, lookee here:  if you  can sell me Steinways ready to
be completely restored for $4-6K, iI'll buy  'em all day. But perhaps we're
having "a semantic difference; " I call a  SHELL any piano that needs most of
the major stuff; your "L" I would call a  "Shell Plus." <g>

I bet the weather in California right now is  better then TIN-i-see,
bubba....

XoxxoxoDavid  Andersen