Immobile Knabe action, late 20's

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 30 Aug 2004 19:53:43 -0700 (PDT)

The action brackets might, and are probably, NOT pot
metal in your Knabe Ampico! I used "AMPICO" in that
post for American Piano Company. Not for the player
system. So far I have seen these on JC Fischers only.
But by the late 20's there may have been some trading
of ideas among AMPICO's divisions. So, who knows?
 Pot metal is an evil agglomeration of stuff which is
molecularly unstable and prone to swelling, splitting,
warping, etc.. Should be apparent upon visual check.
    Takea  magnet to your brackets. If magnetic, NOT
pot metal!

     Thump