plastic keytop glue

PianoTek4u@aol.com PianoTek4u@aol.com
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 10:45:41 EST

Hey Clyde:

I'll be at a Baptist Church this morning dealing with the same problem.
There's a grand in the choir practice room that had the keytops redone years ago
with some glue that now looks like hardened caramel.  Will bring my belt/disc
sander and CAREFULLY and LIGHTLY sand off the old glue on the keys, scrape it
off the plastic top where necessary, and like Joe G. says.......use PVC-E glue
and clamp for a bit.  Did it a while back on about 20 of the keytops that had
come off and they all held fine.   Probably will have to do the same to all
the rest.   Hope this and the other advice helps.......and good luck.

Tony Bajada