damper problem corrected we hope

D.L. Bullock dlbullock@att.net
Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:52:36 -0600

1- test--hold down the pedal and play all the 88 keys in three or four big
handfuls.  Let off the pedal and use your hand (use a glove if strings are
shiny) to find what section actually stops ringing when you touch them.  It
is likely limited to a section or a string and just because it is a high
pitch does not mean it is coming from treble strings.  Often wound bass
strings ring with high pitches.  Keep doing this until you know exactly
where the ring is coming from.  It may be only one or two strings ringing.
Keep it up until you find them.

2 bend the wires on damper(s) that do all the ringing.  If it is bi- or
tri-chord unison damp each string separately with your hand to see which
side of the damper felt is not touching.

Let us know how it goes.

D.L. Bullock    St. Louis
www.thepianoworld.com

Put the worlds greatest healer to work for WHATEVER health problem you may
have----YOUR OWN IMMUNE SYSTEM.  Your body is capable of healing EVERY
disease if you give it the right fuel.  Visit
http://www.mannapages.com/dlbullock to learn how to get the right fuel.
Also www.glycoscience.org