Just Wondering

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 23:44:38 -0800

I've got a single car garage, half of which is my=
 office/shop...only 1 bench...no rebuilding.   Mostly I'm=
 "outstanding in my field"...;-]   In other words I'm a field=
 technician.   Do it in the home/studio/wherever if possible.  =
 Something you can relate to Isaac....

David Ilvedson

From: Isaac Sadigursky <irs.pianos@earthlink.net>
To: Pianotech <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: Just Wondering

In my case 3-car garage became my shop. 3 folding tables,a=
 dozen+plus big file cabinets with commonly used parts,set-up to=
 fix actions,benches,music desks,pedal lyres,the most common=
 stuff,etc.Air compressor for cleaning jobs,drill=
 press,table,band saw,plenty of clamps,cheap labor from kids when=
 they were growing-up and it becomes a routine.Just remember to=
 keep peace with neighbors and life in suburbia can be beutiful.I=
 can't imagine a busy technician operating every-day service=
 calls without a shop,and it becomes a necessity to survive in=
 the pianoland jungle.,especially working for school districts.No=
 refinishing can be done in the residential area,but light=
 repairs-yes and it's a big convenience,too.No overhead by=
 renting  in the industrial area,I work in the shop 1 day a week=
 and try to process all jobs I accumulate during the week.If=
 there is a need to do uinexpected project-I can do it late in=
 the evening and skip watching Jerry Springer {just  kidding]!=
 ..Any other thoughts? Hope to see you in Kansas City in the=
 summer. Best regards. Isaac