Key Bushing removal

Paul Chick (Earthlink) tune4@earthlink.net
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 07:51:17 -0600

  Subject: Key Bushing removal

  Hi,

  I use the method of pre-soaking the keybushings with wallpaper remover and
  hot water and after that I just steam the bushings out with a similar hand
  held steam device with a small nozzle. Works verry fast and de wood is
neat
  and clean for the new felt.

  Pierre Gevaert
  Belgium

  Hello....I use the same system...but let them penetrate and soak,,,,while
I do some other job around the shop...an hour later they fall out with very
little digging....and no damage to mortise......
  Richard

  Add some alcohol to your solution to break the surface tension of the
water and it will speed up absorption.

  Paul C