batteries

Don pianotuna@yahoo.com
Fri, 3 Dec 2004 11:36:27 -0800 (PST)

Hi Paul,

If you go to a battery depot you will find that nicads
come in more than one "flavor" i.e. some have more
*stuff* inside. Look for 1600 milliamp-hour version
and you will have excellent battery life.

Under charging nicads is a sure way to reduce
lifespan. As is charging before they are flat. They
should be good for 1000 cycles if you are careful.

I do remember someone made up a "battery pack" to plug
in their SAT if the internal battery was
discharged--it seemd like a wonderful idea, but then I
changed to another product--and had no need for it.

>I had my batteries replaced
>by Sanderson recently, and I think they said 14 hours
charge time.  I've
>tried changing the batteries myself several times,
but their batteries
>always seem to hold way more charge than any I've
been able  to get.  You
>might call Paul Sanderson and ask him about your
unit.
>Best,
>Paul McCloud

=====