Hole in Soundboard for Damp Chaser cord

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Sun, 05 Dec 2004 16:56:28 -0700

In my mind's view of things, through the soundboard is risky.  Potential
problems have been enumerated previously.  I could add the concern that it
would also expose otherwise sealed (in some pianos) wood to climate
variations and be a starting place for buzzing cracks etc.  I've not had
trouble running a forstner through the bottom plank and it isn't so
directly connected to sound production and the cord usually has plenty of
room to go under and out un-obtrusively.
Obviously some of you think otherwise and it has been working for you.  I'm
comfortable continuing to be cautious none-the-less. ;-)

Andrew A.