mystery center pinning

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Mon, 6 Dec 2004 16:10:10 -0600

Hi list,

Just for the heck of it, is there anything I could be doing wrong when =
repinning centers that would make the initially acceptable pinning get =
looser? =20

Feeling sort of spooked by it all......

Barbara Richmond
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Barbara Richmond=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Friday, December 03, 2004 9:42 PM
  Subject: mystery center pinning

  Yet another question, folks,

  I had to repin all the Steinway shanks I recently installed.  When =
they came, they were the best examples of perpetual motion machines I =
had ever seen.  Well, golly, almost all of them have loosened up =
again!--not to their original state, but much looser than I find =
acceptable. (The piano got used a couple of times while work was in =
progress.)   Dang, I've never had this happen before---am I in the =
twilight zone?  I couldn't believe my eyes.  Would shrinking the cloth =
help before I pin....again?   Grrrr.