Cruise Ship Piano Tuner

Stéphane Collin collin.s@skynet.be
Wed, 8 Dec 2004 05:56:51 +0100

hehe

I have done cruise ship work also for about one year, not as a tuner, =
but as a pianist.  I got paid every month, but I didn't manage to get =
the piano tuned (not even once in a whole year).

St=E9phane Collin
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Forsyth=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2004 10:30 PM
  Subject: Cruise Ship Piano Tuner=20

  Not so sure about that bit where he mentions that the ship's engine =
vibration causes the piano to go out of tune???? It's vibrations that =
cause sound in the first place and make pianos work!

  I did cruise ship work for a while but discovered that getting paid =
was a whole load of trouble. It appears that the ship's chandlers only =
pay once they get paid by the shipping company and that can take a very =
long time.....and there is also the hassle of customs, security and =
remembering to take along your passport.

  AF