Kawai/Yamaha New Uprights

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 08 Dec 2004 10:40:15

Hi Terry,

Yes I have tuned one. It is the Japan version of the 121 cm upright. I
don't believe it would be a significant upgrade for the client from what
they already have. I have tuned the Malyasian version as well (Kx-21). Just
one of each. The Malyasian version in my case was the better instrument.
Your mileage may vary.

At 09:37 AM 08/12/2004 -0500, you wrote:
>Thanks for the couple responses. However, it is the Kawai K-25 that they are
>looking most closely at and the one that I am least familiar with. Anyone
>know much about this model?
>
>Terry Farrell
>

>> The U1 is as solid a workhorse as you will ever want to find. Reasonably
>> good sound as well... all in all nothing to complain about, if nothing to
>> loose your pants about either.  The P121 is also a good instrument in the
>> same vein.
>>
>> Cheers
>> RicB
>>
>> Terry wrote:
>>
>> > Hi folks. I am trying to help a client of mine shop for a new piano.
>> > They are looking at 48-inch verticals. The focus is the Kawai K-25
>> > http://www.kawaius.com/ .
>> >
>> > Others they are considering are the Yamaha T121 and U1.
>> >
>http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List/ModelSeriesList/0,6384,CTID%253D20
1200%2526CNTYP%253DPRODUCT,00.html