Kawai/Yamaha New Uprights

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 00:41:00 EST

Terry,

I do contract work for a Kawai dealer, and I tune plenty of K25s.  They are
all good, functional instruments,good value.  I don't get into the pricing
much, but from all reports, they are substantially less expensive than the U1.

I have some that I've tuned for 2-3 years since they were delivered to the
customers home, and they are stabilizing quite nicely.  I like the sound better
than the Yamahas, but I understand that it is personal preference.  The Kawais
are solid instruments, and easy to tune once the pitch is dialed in.

There has not been a problem that consistently surfaces on these pianos.  You
might want to check the hammer-flange pinning.  I worked on one a couple of
months ago where the hammers swung a bit too freely, causing some thunking
notes.  Overall, though, I'd recommend them.

I hope this helps.

Dave Stahl