Pulling Plates

staff staff@smithpiano.com
Thu, 9 Dec 2004 06:44:23 -0500

Hi All,
How timely, I am building a beam/shelf today which will hold my hoist.
Same one Tom Cole linked to:
 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=44006

Also, after seeing Christian Bolduc's cool plate puller clamp, (Pianotek
Catalog, pg D-35 part #B-GP32) I dispensed with the strap system.
Engine hoist with hand crank and straps does work of course. But, this
system saves time and will help prevent plate 'dings' on the inner rim
as it goes in and out several times.  Anything to simplify the process.

Speaking of the inner rim...
Does anyone have a reuseable system for protecting rim and stretcher
during rebuilding?
I envision pieces of leather & sturdy cardboard, in sections that will
accommodate different piano rims.

Best regards,

Brad Smith, RPT
Smith Piano Services
800-964-TUNE (8863) Toll Free
603-625-4696 in New Hampshire
483 Donald Street
Bedford, NH 03110
brad@smithpiano.com
NEW!! 24/7 Online Appointment Scheduling
www.smithpiano.com