Pulling Plates

Thu, 09 Dec 2004 06:45:20 -0600

At 08:12 12/9/2004 -0400, you wrote:
>How about scrap vinyl floor covering material. It can be cut, is flexible
>and hard to puncture with an edge.
>Then of coarse a piece of carpet material, fuzzy side toward the piano.
>John M. Ross
>Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada

I use those 2" movers straps (2 of them), and weave them in and out of
various holes and struts to achieve a three or four point lift.  2 ton
rated hook in ceiling with 1/2 ton chain fall.  I always seem to have
cardboard boxes available to cut up for lining the rim and covering the
stretcher - masking tape holds them in place.

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder