Rebuild estimates/bridge pins

Sat, 11 Dec 2004 21:49:19 +0100

Right you are there David.  Tho I suppose I am a little less concerned
with the term I use. I do tell the customer that I any unforseens will
be covered by my <<estimate>> unless it is of very serious (read
expensive) nature, in which case I will call immediately and we will
discuss what should be done. Otherwise I will keep at or under my
offer.  That said, it really is more of a bid then an estimate per se.

As far as the bit about exceeding ones given price offer is concerned. I
certainly understand your point. Then too, there are those who just
plain operate that way.... plussing for this and that and making it look
all very reasonable. In the end I dont really have any problem with
anyones pricing policies per se. Like you tho, I dont really look kindly
on the types that deliberatly take whatever they can get away with for
as little as they can possibly get away with. Thats a different subject
matter tho.

However you handle bids or estimates or whatever is in the end a matter
of what you are most comfortable with. For my part, I just find it suits
me best to give a price, and either stick to it or deliver at less that
that price.  It has had that positive <<word of mouth>> kind of  PR
affect that I like to rely on.

On a very rare occasion... I have to eat a loss. And I make sure the
customer knows about it in that case... again playing it for what its
worth.  But in the long run operating this way pays off big time.

Cheers
RicB