New-ish Chickering Origins

Dave Davis dave@davispiano.com
Sat, 11 Dec 2004 14:27:59 -0800 (PST)

No. But thanks for asking.

Actually that provides the added proof I needed that it is post-Baldwin in manufacture.

Dave Davis

James Grebe <pianoman@accessus.net> wrote:
Does it have accu-just hitch pins?
James Grebe
----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Davis
To: Pianotech
Sent: Saturday, December 11, 2004 3:12 PM
Subject: New-ish Chickering Origins

Yesterday I serviced a 5' 1" Chickering, Serial #841695. The number doesn't even come close to anything in my Pierce Atlas. The owner purchased the piano used in 1998. It looks to me to be Asian built.

During its short life, it has managed to get tubby bass strings (picture an old upright with iron windings...) and corrosion on the plain strings. The customer would like to have it restrung. I'd like to know some history before providing the estimate.

Any ideas?

Dave Davis