CA'ing pins

Keith McGavern kam544@gbronline.com
Tue, 14 Dec 2004 15:01:02 -0600

At 12:54 PM -0700 12/14/04, Ron Shiflet wrote:
>... * I have never seen a case where a glycerin/denatured alcohol
>treatment worked.

Having done several pianos with Garfield's Pinblock Restorer over the
years, I can easily testify that when done correctly, and on
candidates that can receive the mixture, it works quite well. I still
service a few of these pianos.

CA thin, however, is now my preference of choice. It absorbs more
rapidly into the area needed, and the piano does not have to sit for
an extended period of time to start the tuning process.

Keith
--
Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician