Followup on the bobbling hammers in Yamaha

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 10:54:01 -0600

Scott,

Without referring to a bunch of the replies to your post, if I remember
correctly, you mentioned decreasing hammer blow and taking up the resulting
lost motion. This will make the spoons lift sooner and thereby bringing the
tension of the damper springs into the equation, making the touch feel
heavier.

You also mentioned about a "weird touch" and I believe some associated that
with the "bobbling hammer" thing in their response(s). Two basically
unrelated things, IMO.

Avery