grand action problem

Scott Helms tuner@helmsmusic.net
Thu, 16 Dec 2004 17:51:51 -0500 (EST)

Well, I wouldn't call myself a regulation expert, and certainly not an
expert on action geometry, but I have been an RPT for 4 years now, and
have probably regulated 10-15 grand actions in the last 6 or so years. I
can do a decent job regulating an action, given there's nothing wierd
going on like in this piano! I have been in several regulation and
rebuilding classes at national and regional PTG institutes, and have heard
discussions there about the "magic line", action metrology, etc, but have
never had occasion to address these kinds of problems in a hands-on way. I
guess it would be easiest to say that troubleshooting of this magnitude is
all in my notes, but not yet in my hands.

-Scott
--
Scott A. Helms, RPT
Helms Music Enterprises