Cents: was help with bad tuning...Ric B. Eastern Scale?

Fri, 17 Dec 2004 22:58:55 +0100

Robin Hufford wrote:

> Hey Ric,
>     c-d, 1 whole tone:   d-e,  2 whole tones : e-f(sharp)3 whole
> tones, f(s)-g(s)4 whole tones,g(s)-a(s) 5 whole tones,a(s)-b(s) 6
> whole tones which is (C, the octave):  One could say there were seven
> letters counting the b sharp, but there are six intervals of a whole
> tone each for the octave. . Regards, Robin Hufford
>
> Richard Brekne wrote:

Grin.... I guess I really have to eat crow on this one.  Acknowledged
!!   This thread has been both fun, and illustrative if you ask me.  How
many of us slipped up in the discussion prompted by the initial half
step / whole step error ?  Must be the season :)  Stephane managed to
remain a bit levitatious in all this.. nice post.  Anyways...

Thanks Robin.

Cheers
RicB