Center pin friction (was Re: Schaff spring)

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 00:17:54 +0100

Holy Christmas fellows.... are we getting into a friction measurement
war here. ?? :)

Now to be truthful, I've never had use for the little dial gauge
available at supply stores... but I do know how its used... at least by
anyone I've seen use the thing.  One measures the flange, not the
shank.  The jack is measured on the graphited area of the small arm...
very nearly the same 20 or so mm away from the center pin as one
measures a flange.

For a more precise description, please visit Renners article on the
matter at

http://www.rennerusa.com/PDF/flange_bushing.pdf

A table for reference friction levels is on page 2.

Cheers
RicB