regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 19 Dec 2004 10:04:16 EST

In a message dated 12/19/04 1:31:03 AM Pacific Standard Time,
antares@euronet.nl writes:

> It is my experience that if we do this right, every regulation could
> result in a perfectly playing piano (unless the instrument is a pos
> from the start).

Andre,

This is my biggest fear....I've seen it before on pianos of this maker and
vintage.  Poorly thought out, poorly assembled, steps left undone--especially if
it was made on a Monday...:(--the key height seems outlandish, but it fits
into the cabinet the way it's supposed to.  There were a couple of notes at the
high end that had no punchings at all!

I think Ric's right on one main point:  it's gettin' near time to call in the
support troops on this one.  I'll make one more visit, see if I can figure it
out, then bring in the reserve.

Thanks for all the input.  I'll let everyone know what's going on if and when
I get it solved.

Dave Stahl