Plastic action parts

Sun, 19 Dec 2004 23:49:51 +0100

Ron Nossaman wrote:

>> And then you read threads on this list about the piano business
>> stagnating and not innovating.  Gee, I wonder why?
>

> Maybe it has something to do with so many being so ready to discard
> anything science or technology related in favor of "intuitive"
> understanding that is utterly different for each person, and
> eliminates all hope (or intention?) of understanding or communication
> on any level beyond the glandular.

Or maybe, on the otherhand... its because people are so ready to discard
the intuitive in favour of something they can quantify that they forget
that the experience of playling a  musical instrument is far more allied
with the intuitive then it is the quantative.

Besides.... the two perspectives need not be in conflict with one
another as long as each remember that the major difference between the
two is more a matter of language use then what lies behind..  Instead of
hearing << magic circle of sound>> and without further ado discard the
concept it might be better to try and find out just what actually the
term is attempting to describe and to what degree there is or isnt truth
in the matter.

Just a thought.

RicB