regulation problems in Aeolian era M and H 50"

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 04:27:00 EST

Ric,

The total keydip between top of keystroke and top of punching is somewhere
near 20mm, depending on how hard you push(not enough punching to stop it).
Before I inserted cardboard punchings, there was probably a 10mm +/- gap between
key and punching when the key was depressed, once again depending on how hard
one pushed.  It feels really odd.

I am beginning to think that there is some structural abnormality--damage
from a fall, or unbelievably bad craftsmanship.

I probably won't get back there until the new year.  My curiosity is getting
the better of me.  I want to make it right for the customers, who are
incredibly gracious and patient.  They've only had the  piano for a year, and are
fortunate to have a trade-up option and a warranty from the store where they
purchased it.

Thanks for the use of your brain cells,

Dave S.