Plastic action parts

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Tue, 21 Dec 2004 08:46:02 -0800

I want to know when we're going to see carbon graphite soundboards:
Light, stiff, predictable, who knows, maybe they even have some acoustic
properties.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net
-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Terry
Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 8:06 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: Plastic action parts

Interesting. Is it that the parts that were ABS, are now
carbon-graphite? Or have the ABS parts remained and now other parts are
carbon-graphite? And what might have the carbon graphite parts replaced?

Maybe I just need to go to a dealer and have them pull an action for
me.....

Thanks for the tip. I generally like Kawais. You, or someone else,
mentioned the EX (I think) series of pianos. I have not heard of that. I
am somewhat familiar with the RX series and service a few of them. Is
the EX the latest and greatest? How might it compare with the Yamaha C
series (I am quite familiar with the Yamys - I make about 500 service
calls to Yamaha C3s a year).

Thanks.

Terry Farrell

In a message dated 12/21/04 5:29:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,