Rebushing centers/mystery center pinning

Barbara Richmond piano57@flash.net
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:31:29 -0600

Hi Ric,

I'm rebushing and installing new flanges--a nice little Christmas vacation
project........ahem.

After repinning a number of them for the second time (or even third, being
very scientific and writing down swings & grams, before, during and after
and then after some play),  I tried shrinking some samples and ended up with
size 24 pins (.058).  That just won't do for a "new" action.  I am going to
try Robin's Acetone/CA treatment on a few shanks in the high treble.  I
would have tried it on the whole piano, but was afraid of the squeaking
possibility.  I'd rather rebush now and be done with it than have to make
excuses later.

Was it me or was it the cloth?  I'd like to think that I'm not "that"
incompetent.  But, since nobody else seems to have had the problem, I'm
feeling pretty d*** embarrassed.  Aw heck, I suppose a piece of humble
pie now and then is probably good for a person (I'll take mine ala mode,
please.)

;-)

Happy Holidays!

Barbara Richmond