Damppchaser withouts Beams

Bob Hull hullfam5@yahoo.com
Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:29:41 -0800 (PST)

Hi Patrick,

Dampp Chaser has special parts for installing systems
in pianos without beams.  I don't have a parts list in
front of me but I think you'll recognize the part by
the name.

Another route would be to attach rest blocks to the
inside of the rim and let the support rods extend all
the way across and sit on top of the rest blocks,
(probably have to purchase a longer rod(s) at a
hardware store).  You can cut little rest indentations
on the rest blocks and line the top of the blocks with
felt.  Then, the support rods will nest securely in
the indentations on top of the rest blocks and the
felt will eliminate noise.

Determine the desired height of the tank as it would
hang from the rods and this will indicate how high to
mount the rest blocks.

Merry Christmas,

Bob Hull