Year End

Elwood Doss, Jr. edoss@utm.edu
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 15:27:47 -0600

I've had my best year yet.  My income is up some from last  year; I keep =
getting calls from new customers; the area piano teachers make =
referrals; and my regular customers are pleased with the service.  On =
the down side, my 30 year old single daughter had cancer surgery to =
remove two malignant tumors in her abdomen and will undergo chemotherapy =
from January through May of 2005.  In spite of it all we can see God's =
hand leading and guiding.  When life hands you a lemon, squeeze it real =
tight,  sweeten it up a bit, and enjoy the lemonade!!  I thank God every =
day for His goodness to us. =20
Joy!'
Elwood
Elwood Doss, Jr., RPT
Piano Technician/Technical Director
Department of Music
145 Fine Arts Building
University of Tennessee at Martin
Martin, TN  38238
731-881-1852
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Tvak@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 8:50 AM
  Subject: Re: Year End

  In a message dated 12/22/04 2:11:47 PM, Alpha88x@aol.com writes:

    I am curious about how all you folks made out this year with your =
business. Better or worse than the year before.

  This is my fifth year in business and until this year, each year =
topped the last one, as would be expected when you start from nothing.  =
Unfortunately, this year is worse than last year, equalling my totals of =
my third year in business.

  Even more alarming is the fact that I have taken over another tuner's =
business in addition to my own clients.  And these two clienteles =
(granted his was not a huge client list) still only add up to about 75% =
of what I made last year. =20

  I've weathered the loss of income for this year and look forward to =
what next year will bring, but my fear is that I've topped out here, and =
the totals for the last three years represent the upper limit of what my =
business will bring in.  If this is the case, I've got a nice part time =
job here. =20

  Tom Sivak
  Chicago PTG Associate