Year End

James Grebe pianoman@accessus.net
Sat, 25 Dec 2004 18:42:40 -0600

Arnold, MO 63010
BECOME WHAT YOU BELIEVE!
pianoman@accessus.net
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan Forsyth=20
  To: Pianotech=20
  Sent: Saturday, December 25, 2004 5:12 PM
  Subject: Re: Year End

  There is good news and there is bad news from this end. I am Down from =
last year on appointments by 25% but only down by 7.5% financially, =
which means that profitability is actually UP.

  The one challenge we are going to have to address is the onslaught of =
the digital piano. Traditional piano dealers are selling more of these =
now than the real thing. I always try and put my customers off buying =
them by saying that they lose their value very quickly, just like =
computers because they become outdated (obsolete) within a few years. I =
also tell them that they will soon become tired of the sound of a =
digital piano (at least I do) "listener fatigue" and all that. I can =
only play a digital piano for about half an hour and have to switch it =
off.=20

  Have any of you ever analysed the tuning on a digital piano: it's =
terrible. The temperament is not very smooth at all and even the unisons =
aren't all that great. However I do suspect that if they were tuned the =
way we tuners would like them to be tuned, they probably wouldn't sound =
like pianos at all!

  Any other ammunition with which to bombard the onslaught is welcome.

  Looking forward to another year.

  Burp!

    ----- Original Message -----=20