Roland digital

Peter Joris pjoris@pandora.be
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 09:18:28 +0100

Hi,

I use a Roland RD-150 stage piano, I like it very much, it is not the same
as the real thing, but to make it portable it is one of the closest to a
piano and affordable options to get a piano on stage in comparison to a real
piano. The sounds are very usable and 64 notes polyphony is enough for me

I use only the piano 1, the strings and voice only layered to the piano.

Downside is that it has no build in speakers, but it is a plus that I have
to use external speakers which results in a nice rounder sound than most
stage pianos(keyboards) with build in speakers

But if I have the choice.....;-)

Peter Joris

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of Alan
Sent: Monday, December 27, 2004 21:08
To: 'Pianotech'
Subject: RE: Roland digital

I also have the FP5 and love it. I use it for composing and arranging,
linked to my laptop with Encore software. I also use it to write
multiple-instrument scores--recorded as midi, convert to WAV, convert to MP3
and you have backup orchestration you can play on a CD player without
lugging the keyboard (for singing at church, etc.)

I confess that I sold a 1920 Geo. Steck small grand (that I loved) to buy
this keyboard. Now, I have to save my pennies and shop for another nice
little grand. But I did it to connect to the computer and the keyboard IS
fun, no doubt about it.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO