Tuning Levers

Matthew requiem31@hotmail.com
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 09:49:24 -0500

Greetings fellow Piano Techs,

This is my first post to the list serve so please be merciful. :-)

I will be purchasing a new tuning hammer soon as my old lever has seen quite
a bit of wear and tear. I am curious as to the different styles of hammers
you all use and if you have any recommendations as to tuning levers that
have stood the test of time and ones that may not be quite as good as they
were advertised.
Do some of you carry multiple tuning hammers depending on the piano you come
across? Say, a heavier hammer for pitch raises and then switch to a lighter
one for more precision work?

Thanks,

Matt Lavender