replacing a Bluthner action

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Wed, 29 Dec 2004 20:10:29

Hi Richard,

Apparently the magnetic action does change more than just static weight. Or
so it is being claimed--if I understand what is on this website. You are
better equipped than I am to understand this.

http://home.hetnet.nl/~velo68/internlinks/EPENG%20version2ws.htm

At 02:42 AM 30/12/2004 +0100, you wrote:
>Don wrote:
>
>>Hi Richard,
>>
>>My understanding was that the magnetic action was one step further than
>>Stanwoodization. I.e. Stanwood *plus* more.
>
>Hmm... I dont think so really. Lets see ... David himself offers a
>magnetic alternative to whippen assist springs, but beyond that there is
>no one who directly employs a Stanwood like action balancing process. I
>guess the closest thing to it is the pattern leading you see from some
>few manufactures combined with a dead weight hammer mass spec.  Still
>this is a few steps back from a full fledged Stanwood balancing. They
>dont even use his equation of balance, but rather something more akin to
>the Pfieffer calculation. Refining usually is done by removing key lead
>mass until static DW conforms, but in the case of whippen assist or
>Seilers (and others) magnetic assists this is done by adjusting the
>strength of the assist mechanisim.

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7