Cable spinet

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Thu, 30 Dec 2004 17:31:46 -0600

You have an opportunity, if willing, to do some experiments and report to
the list things that might prove useful. For example: Will CA treatment or
epoxying in bridge pins make a noticeable difference in a cheap piano? Can
these little buggers be voiced to sound appreciably better? And, if nothing
else: How would subjection to an 1800 degree flame for 15 minutes effect
overall tone quality?

I think what I would do is clean it up, fix any problems, tune it, put an ad
in the paper, and sell it for 500 bucks to someone living outside of my
tuning area. Seriously.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On Behalf
Of James Grebe
Sent: Thursday, December 30, 2004 4:23 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Cable spinet

Hi All,
Tomorrow I am having delivered an 80's Cable spinet to my place.  I came
across it when tuning a piano that my client gave her piano to her daughter
and the daughters piano is coming to me, for no cost to me. Question; What
would be your favorite things to do with this gem to make it
better at relatively low cost?  Since it will be mine to do with as I will,
I would like to see what can make it  better.  Could be interesting. Please,
no suggestions to refuse delivery James Grebe Piano-Forte Tuning & Repair
Creator of Handsome Hardwood Caster Cups
(314) 608-4137
WWW.JamesGrebe.com
1526 Raspberry Lane
Arnold, MO 63010