Puzzler: instant rust (the fix?)

Cy Shuster 741662027@charter.net
Fri, 13 Feb 2004 12:42:09 -0600

Is there anything practical to be done to the strings on this new piano, =
in the customer's home?  I've heard white Scotchbrite pads can remove =
corrosion, or fine steel wool (rinsed in lacquer thinner first to remove =
oil)...

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, February 13, 2004 10:50 AM
  Subject: Re: Puzzler: instant rust (the answer)

  In a message dated 2/13/04 8:12:57 AM Pacific Standard Time, =
mwisner@earthlink.net writes:=20

    Shampooed the rug.

  Mark,=20

  I've got to give this one to you, though it isn't exact.  =20

  When I spoke with the owner and asked a few questions, she said that =
she does indeed have the cement floor (with radiant heating) wet-mopped =
weekly.  I'd be willing to bet that it's far more convenient for the =
cleaners to allow the floor to dry itself than to dry it by hand.  And =
as a bonus, it creates that nice tropical environment...:-}=20

  The floor will be dry-mopped from here on in, and other measures will =
be taken as well.  =20

  Thanks for your answers and many suggestions.  As always, this list is =
a veritable fount of knowledge!=20

  Dave S.=20