D-C 25 watt rods

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 10:02:08 -0500

On Feb 13, 2004, at 7:45 PM, Greg Newell wrote:

>  Ruth and list,
>         It's clear from my recent experience and postings that I don't
> know enough about these systems. I was under the impression that the
> "standard" system was the G6PS which at least as it has come from
> Jansen

Perhaps part of the misunderstanding could have been caused by some
suppliers rotating their stock rapidly, and others have their inventory
sitting around quite a while. When purchasing from either Brooks Ltd.
or Webb Phillips & Associates the boxes are clearly stamped as having
shipped from Dampp-Chaser just a few weeks to a month before my
purchase date. The one  time (last year or so) I ordered a D-C system
from Schaff (I was ordering as bunch of other stuff at the time) it had
been on their shelves for more than a year, and clearly "last year's
model" -- the gradual improvements that D-C implemented, that I had
taken for granted when ordering from my preferred suppliers, weren't
there, and suddenly I felt "what's with these cheesy old-style
hangers?!" Plus the alcohol swab was bone dry. Or maybe you were just
ordering from an old price list?

Patrick Draine