Condemnation and obtaining for personal gain

A440A@aol.com A440A@aol.com
Wed, 25 Feb 2004 11:46:10 EST

 phil writes:

<< I would like to have this piano to work on..again, I believe it's a

pre-Aeolian M&H, and they are rare birds in these parts.

If you were me, and be glad you're not, how would you handle this situation?

    First, make sure you know what vintage it is.  1915 is pre-Aolian, I
think.  And how big is an A?
    Leave an offer of a fair price, or shop around the piano brokers that
look for these and make a commision for finding it.  Your idea of a fair price
will be based on what you will have to spend on it, and what you can get for it.
 You can't be faulted for making money on the piano; if there was no profit,
there would be no techs out there rebuilding the old classics!
Good luck,

Ed Foote RPT