No downbearing ?

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 2 Jan 2004 11:43:27 +0100

The geometry of the bearing force certainly influence tone, (front
bearing vs/back bearing) Many rebuilders lower the plate almost
systematically when not enough bearing (sunken board) and the
resulting tone is never really agreable nor full and long.

Is more pressure at the back of the bridge stiffening more this side
of the board, while the larger part of the board is still too flexible
?

Or because of the S shape the board is always taking then, there is a
zone where the soundboard is so mushy it adbsorb too much of the
strings energy ?

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert
oleg-i@noos.fr