Used Yamaha U1

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 3 Jan 2004 12:36:51 +0100

hello Marc &Tina,

Because of the transgenic plants of Yamaha U1 they have grown very fast in
number, and actually Yamaha have the problem that they are still in the
market, they'd prefer people to buy new pianos for sure.

A Japanese customer of mine explain me that Japanes people don't like things
that are old or broken, so they rarely have their piano repaired (only
serviced for some of them, that should be good enough yet).

Then there is a good market for these second hand pianos in Western
countries, where we find value in old things (while I doubt of the value of
a 30 years old Yamaha) or we pretend that we can play piano but we are
unable to buy a good German make, or a new instrument.

I have the utmost respect for the rare customers who have bought a good
piano for the rest of their life, may be delaying the car replacement a tad.
I always try to keep their investment in the better shape possible. This is
not the attitude of everytech, particularly the one that work for shops
don't care much on long term longevity of their customer's piano (in my
experience).

On the other hand more talented techs are more prone to drive a workshop
themselves, and have probably to offer some good instruments.

A good thing to remember if you have to buy a piano.

Good luck, while I am unsure I answered your question.

Isaac

                       Pianotech

                        Isaac OLEG
                        accordeur - reparateur - concert  19 rue Jules Ferry
                        94400 VITRY sur SEINE
                        oleg-i@noos.fr  tel:
                              fax:
                              mobile:  033 01 47 18 06 98
                              33 01 47 18 06 90
                              033 06 60 42 58 77

            Powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?

      Add me to your address book...