Ivory keytops

Sun, 4 Jan 2004 13:30:09 -0500

On Sun, 4 Jan 2004 10:09:34 -0800 (PST) Dave Davis <davistunes@yahoo.com>
writes:
> I've seen references to whitening hide glue this way,
> but are the titanium/zinc oxides effective in glues
> that dry somewhat clear (PVC-E, Elmer's, etc.)?

Hi Dave -

I can only speak for the ones I have tried, but I can't imagine it not
working with PVC-E or Elmer's.  I have used it with various epoxies and
also with Duco Cement, with no problems.  I suppose if you overloaded the
glue with more powder than necessary for whitening, though, that the
strength of any glue would be compromised.

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com