Old Bosie

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Mon, 5 Jan 2004 15:50:31 -0800

RicB said/asked: "He wants to know what the recommended pitch for
this instrument is. Anybody have a clue ? I told him to tune it to 432 -
434 until he had firm information."

Since it is confirmed @ 1877, I'd definately recommend 435cps. The Teutonic
Pianos were notoriously stronger w/better wire and original pitches going
way higher than that.  Of course I'd have to take your word on the
structural integrity of this instrument. By 1877, I'm pretty sure 435cps was
well established on both continents as design pitch. You might contact
Bosendorfer, they should have a rough idea what the designed pitch was @
that time. Unless of course, those records were lost. :-(
Sounds like a real keeper!<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)
Captain, Tool Police