Old Bosie

Andrew & Rebeca Anderson anrebe@zianet.com
Tue, 06 Jan 2004 19:16:36 -0700

Cy,
It is my understanding that A0 is just slightly behind the tension of C8 on
a short grand/upright.  Those heavily wound strings are actually under a
lot of tension.  I was taught that the tension on a piano is roughly a
curve with the high points on each end of the piano and the lowest point
near the middle.  In practice I've come to suspect that tension changes
significantly at the tenor break.
Any engineers out there to comment?

Andrew Anderson
Las Cruces, NM