Staib-Abendschein action,WD-40

William R. Brohinsky onlyocelot@joimail.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 10:18:34 -0500

Richard Brekne wrote:

>Sheeeshh... isnt there somebody who can turn the guy onto McLube ??

McLube is new to me. I've used Gibbs (but on a CNC machine and all
related systems.) WD-40 is a messy combination of kerosene and cologne.
Gibbs is, at least, real lubricants and penetrants. I used it to prevent
rust and corrosion on both machine and hand tools, by the way: my skin
oils do a number on just about anything, including stainless steel. I'd
be hesitant to spray it into action centers, though, because of the way
it soaks into felt/cloth.

Anyone familiar with all three want to comment on their comparative
properties?

I guess I've become an inquiring mind wanting to know.

raybro