tuning forks-alum. vs steel

baoli liu baoli_liu@yahoo.com
Thu, 8 Jan 2004 14:58:38 -0800 (PST)

I would not use aluminum fork,because it is too
sensitive to the temperature.I just had a test a few
days ago about the pitch floating due to temperature
change.you may take a look at the results.

I tested two tuning forks,one is A4 fork made of
steel,another one is G4 fork made of aluminum.three
temperatures are checked--body temperature(97 or
so),room temperature(72) and outside
temperature(12).here is the results

A4 Steel fork: "o cents"(body temperature)."1.5
cents"(room temperature),"6.0 cents"(outside);

G4 aluminum fork: "0 cents"(body temperature),"4.3
cents"(room temperature),"16.3cents"(outside).

Baoli Liu,RPT