accutuner as tuning fork

pianolover 88 pianolover88@hotmail.com
Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:06:11 -0800

It dawned on my that my Accutuner III has an RCA jack in the back, "OSC out"
which allows you to hear A440 as well as EVERY pitch under the sun! So I
bought a small "powered" speaker, plugged it in and "ta-dah"...I now have
the most expensive "tuning fork" money can buy! I can hear ANY pitch, and
vary the volume as well. For me this is basically a great tool to let my
customers HEAR just how flat (or sharp) their pianos are from standard A440.

Terry Peterson

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Phil Romano" <romano@sccoast.net>
To: <oleg-i@noos.fr>, "'Pianotech'" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: RE: tuning fork
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 18:31:32 -0500

Are you sure they weren't looking at their frequency spectrum analyzer?
Likely they were.

Phil Romano

 >Talking about perfect pitch, sound engineers are very good to recognize
the frequencies during the sound check, I just   >saw one today that had
a really accurate hear, recognizing any frequencies immediately, pitch
in Hertz but not tone name, >to correct the response of the room
acoustic. Very impressive...

Isaac OLEG