Heavy hammers

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 9 Jan 2004 01:14:26 +0100

Hello,
Sorry I understood these where Yamaha hammers, better use them on a
Yamaha.

Nowadays ,check the spread, and go up to 113 mm will give you a more
useable piano (while yet heavy).

What is the wanted dip of this piano, some G3 had a wooden
wwwwww....ippen rail that is prone to move (generally toward too
little spread). Then action seem to ask for a small dip.

Highen the key level by 2 or 3 mm to give a little more "leverage" ,
this may be done with the minimal punchings and is bad for the balance
hole on the long run.

Always regulate with the minimal dip (10mm) and minimal aftertouch, if
the letoffdropp occur at the very same thin moment in the last mm of
the key move the touch never will be perceived as really too heavy.

But in the end if the hammers are too heavy or worse glued too far no
other solution than correct their weight placement /voicing.
Felt is generally heavier than wood.

best and good nite all !

Isaac OLEG