Two a day: was: tuning fork

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 07:42:50 -0500

Avery,

Kenny can answer better than I, but I see a subtle difference in wording
here.  In the last statement of his that you included below, he didn't
write that he *tunes* two pianos a day, but that he *does* two.  Once in
a while I *do* pianos where even two a day would be a stretch, although
my normal maximum is five, four days per week.

I know of at least one other person on this list for whom two is the
daily number.  He also stated that his goal for his clients was to keep
the pianos as close to perfect as possible.  So it may take a half-day
to service the piano, and of course the charge is much higher than for a
simple tuning.

And I am so thankful that we have technicians of that level of skill,
but I am not one of them.  I see myself as down the middle, and for that
service I find constant demand beyond what I can supply.  The upper end
technicians apparently find the same thing.  Back to my time-worn
statement -- there's room for us all, if we provide good service for
what we charge.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT