Heavy hammers

Fri, 09 Jan 2004 18:33:16 +0100

Isaac, and others.

I see I should perhaps write a more complete retraction of my previous
comments, since I see it was you who suggested to removed 2 grams of
hammer weight.

What I wrote relative to DW in that post was completly wrong and due to
a definate brain glitch. :)

Thanks to Mark for pointing out my obvious error.

Isaacs assertion that 2 grams of hammer weight should be removed to
achieve the origional DW was of course correct. And both my comments to
the contrary (reprinted below) are wrong and should be disregarded.

Again.. sorry for the confusion....grin... been sick and home a few days
with not much else to do but watch movies, stay in bed, and fire off
posts to pianotech. I should know better :)

Cheers
RicB

Isaac sur Noos wrote:

> Richard hello,

Snip

> ..... while indeed the actual possibility that a hammer are 2 grams
> too heavy is a little extreme,.....

Richard Brekne wrote

> > Clearly the postee was thinking in terms of 1 gram of
> > hammer weight to 5
> > grams of DW, and this is wrong. If the questoner had
> > removed 2 grams of
> > hammer weight the resulting action would be extremely light.

and also wrote