accutuner as tuning fork

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 09 Jan 2004 17:06:57 -0600

>>>Do you ask them to be able to count beats, as well? <<
>
>Of course not, and I only use it when their piano's pitch is  at least 20C
>off.
>
>Terry Peterson

But then I don't see why you couldn't. One of my standard analogies when
I'm explaining what a tuner listens to (You must have perfect pitch!!) is
humming into a running fan. Nearly everyone who was ever a kid and knows
what a fan is has done this, and can stop the beat easily. Those that
haven't have promised to try, and I expect they won't have any problem with
it either if they keep their noses out of the blades. If you can get them
past the "It's magic" nonsense where their brain turns on, most folks can
hear the beats.

Ron N