New to Tuning-Book Recommendations?

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 01:52:52 +0100

Brett, of course I concur for the Rick Baldassin book, it is a very
good summary.
I wanted also to say that the fact that you hear that thirds are too
fast as tenths in the basses is more encouraging than anything else.
Indeed it is not easy to try to recon ciliate basses octaves one wish
to hear them more stretched than necessary but it is easier after
sometime to learn for instance to stop the beat a twelve higher than
the higher note, that lend to more clean octaves and you are focusing
on something you can hear without too much problem (basses octaves are
full of noise we need some external control on them).

I'd advise also to learn aurally, even if you use a simple software as
a control, tuning devices are only useful once you know a minimum how
to tune.

Good luck

Isaac OLEG